The Mineral Hill Property (‘The Property’) is a 502-hectare area comprised of 60 claims (See Figure 1). The Property is south of and contiguous to the Cantoo Property and located approximately 13 kilometers north of Hyder AK, 2 kilometers west of the past-producing Premier Gold Mine and 15 kilometers south of the past-producing Scottie Gold Mine. Blackwolf Copper and Gold acquired a 100% interest in this property through physical staking in May of 2022.
Figure 1: Hyder Area Regional Geology (Adapted from the BCGS and Smith 1977), regional deposit locations, and Blackwolf Copper and Gold claim boundaries
The Mineral Hill Property is underlain by earliest Jurassic Hazelton volcanic rocks and associated intrusives, and hosts multiple gold, silver and polymetallic prospects previously explored by trenches and historic underground drifting. Mineralization includes multiple phases of quartz and sulphide veining associated with strong hydrothermal alteration.
- Very limited modern exploration has been performed in the area, with virtually none in the last 25 years.
- Between the Cantoo Property and the Top Prospect (3 km apart), multiple historic prospects have anomalous copper values (chip samples include 1.1m chip at 0.17% Cu, 0.2m chip at 0.51% Cu) and gold-silver assays (1.3m chip at 2.43 g/t Au, 72.0 g/t Ag).
- At the Top Prospect, 18 representative and grab samples were collected in 1995 from historic trenches by the US Department of the Mines. Samples range from trace to 48.03 g/t Au and trace to 100.8 g/t Ag, averaging 5.97 g/t Au and 23.0 g/t Ag.
- Individual 1995 assays up to 48.03 g/t Au, 41.6 g/t Ag and 10.3% Zn, 14.67 g/t Au and 100.8 g/t Ag, and 19.75 g/t Au and 84.34 g/t Ag.
- Additionally, there is significant alluvial placer gold occurrences on the east and west side of the Cantoo and Mineral Hill Properties.