The Mineral Hill Property is a 502-hectare area comprised of 60 claims (See Figure 1). The Property is south of and contiguous to the Cantoo Property and located approximately 13 kilometers north of Hyder AK, 2 kilometers west of the past-producing Premier Gold Mine and 15 kilometers south of the past-producing Scottie Gold Mine. Blackwolf Copper and Gold acquired a 100% interest in this property through staking in May of 2022.
In the past 25 years, very little to no exploration has been completed on the property. During the 1920’s a tractor trail was built on the north side of the property between Mineral Hill and Cantoo Mountain opening the area to prospecting. Multiple prospects were discovered on the Mineral Hill property at this time. The 96 prospect includes a 33.5m adit with results up to 152.9 g/t Ag, 11.39% Pb, and 17.6% Zn. The Top prospect which has multiple trenches and other workings, was sampled by government geologists in the 1990’s with results up to 48.03 g/t Au, 100.8 g/t Ag, and 10.3% Zn. Other prospects include the Charles, Nelson, and Pitcher with historic assays reporting small amounts of Au and Ag, and the Gold Cliff Premier prospect which was explored by opencuts in the 1920’s with assays reported to be over 30 g/t Au and over 90 g/t Ag(1).
The Mineral Hill Property is underlain by earliest Jurassic Hazelton volcanic rocks and associated intrusives, and hosts multiple gold, silver and polymetallic prospects previously explored by trenches and historic underground drifting. Mineralization includes multiple phases of quartz and sulphide veining associated with strong hydrothermal alteration.
- Very limited modern exploration has been performed in the area, with virtually none in the last 25 years.
- At the Top Prospect, 18 representative and grab samples were collected in 1995 from historic trenches by the US Department of the Mines. Samples range from trace to 48.03 g/t Au and trace to 100.8 g/t Ag, averaging 5.97 g/t Au and 23.0 g/t Ag(1).
- Newly discovered iron-oxide stained cliff face over a 200 meter-long trend. Strongly silicified and quartz veined boulders eroding from the cliff returned samples up 2.53 g/t Au, 56.5 g/t Ag, 0.25% Cu, 0.34% Pb, and 7.16% Zn may represent a southern extension of the Cantoo vein system(2).
- Additionally, there is significant alluvial placer gold occurrences on the east and west side of the Cantoo and Mineral Hill Properties.
The property geology is dominated by rocks of the Early Jurassic Texas Creek Intrusive Suite which are interpreted as coeval intrusive equivalents to extrusive Hazelton Group volcanics which host significant mineral occurrences in the Golden Triangle. This synvolcanic intrusive is possibly related to the feeder intrusive to the proximal Premier and Big Missouri epithermal deposits.
A limited surficial exploration program was completed on the property in 2022 and consisted of prospecting and geologic mapping. Highlights from the program included samples up to 2.53 g/t Au, 56.5 g/t Ag, 0.25% Cu, 0.34% Pb, and 7.16% Zn from strongly silicified and quartz veined boulders with up to 10% disseminated-vein controlled sulfides. The mineralized boulders are eroding from a newly discovered iron-oxide stained cliff face over a 200 meter-long trend and may represent a southern extension of the Cantoo vein system 2.5 km to the south.
(1) Refer to the US Bureau of Mines Open File Report 11-95: Mineral Investigations in the Ketchikan Mining District Southeastern Alaska by Maas et. al. (1995
(2) Refer to the Company's news release dated January 17, 2023. Available on SEDAR.